A long time ago, before I was ever in the fitness business, I was lamenting to one of my good friends (who also happens to be a personal trainer) about my body. “I’ll never be a thin person – it’s just not my body type”, I told her.
And this is true. I will never be a waif. My legs will never be skinny. I’m an athletic and muscular person and when I am exercising and properly nourishing my body, I have the body of an athlete.
But when this conversation was going on with my friend, I had so many failed diets under my belt that the only way to make me feel better was to tell myself that it simply wasn’t possible to change. I hadn’t failed – this was just who I was.
But thanks to my good friend, I didn’t just throw in the towel and resign myself to a certain body type in order to justify being overweight for the rest of my life.
My friend did what any good coach would do. She shared her vision of me – a vision that she saw for me that I couldn’t yet see for myself. And thank God I believed her because she was right. It was shortly after that conversation that I began strength training for the first time and finally got my nutrition in check.
I was petrified of bulking up with weight training, and the idea of changing my diet was scary. But I allowed myself to trust in the process.
I’m so glad I did. I no longer identify as “overweight”, “big boned” or “chunky”, but as “athletic, strong, lean and healthy.” This change in identification set off a chain reaction of beliefs that have had a serious impact on my quality of life.
Body transformations are bigger than vanity. They can have a profound impact on your mindset, confidence and happiness. Achieving something that you thought wasn’t possible can make you more courageous in all other walks of life. A physical transformation can be the start of a life that that is bigger, braver and bolder than you ever thought possible.
If this is resonating with you, I invite you to join me in my 28-Day Transformation Challenge that begins on Monday, October 1st. In this challenge, I’ll take you through the same changes I made to my exercise and nutrition so that you can live your absolute best life.
Your 28-Day Challenge includes:
- 4-Weeks of Dietician-Approved Meal Plans: You’ll get 4 weeks of done-for-you meal plans that are 100% Dietician Approved and designed to get you results
- 4 Weekly Print-n-Go Grocery Lists: Each week will come with a complete grocery list – all you have to do is print the list and head to the store or order your groceries online!
- Complete Success Manual: You’ll get a 17-page success manual that will educate you about nutrition and how to live a healthy lifestyle. It is loaded with success tips and strategies to help you get the best results possible.
- 67 Delicious & Easy-to-Make Recipes: Complete Recipe Manual filled with whole-foods based, incredible recipes like Butternut Squash Soup, Citrus Fish Tacos, Award-Winning Chili, Cilantro Lime Chicken, and a Chocolate Avocado Smoothie.
- 28 Daily Motivational & Inspirational Emails: You’ll get 28 daily emails from me to keep you motivated and on track with your goals.
- Dining Out Swap Guide: Your dining out swap guide will show you how to turn any restaurant menu item into a delicious, healthy, and challenge-friendly alternative
- In-Person Workouts: For the duration of the challenge, you’ll get unlimited calorie-torching high-intensity workouts for ALL ability levels.
You can join the challenge by clicking here. Registration closes this Friday, September 28th and the challenge begins on Monday October 1st.